Last updated 1st July 2013
- Who we are
We are TAS Software, a division of Sage (UK) Limited, a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 01045967. Our registered office is at North Park, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE13 9AA.
We are registered on the Information Commissioner's Office Register of Data Controllers under registration number Z6439956.
This registration covers all of our different business divisions. We are part of the Sage group of companies which includes The Sage Group Plc. The Sage Group plc is registered separately with the Information Commissioner (see www.ico.gov.uk). For details of how to contact us, please refer to the Contact us page.
- How we collect information
We will collect information from you if you:
- register to use our website; this will include your name, address, email address and telephone number. We may ask you to provide additional information about your business and preferences on a voluntary basis;
- place an order for products or services on our website, this will include your name (including business name), address, contact details (including telephone number and email address) and your payment details;
- complete online forms (including callback requests), take part in surveys, write posts on any message boards, post any blogs, enter any competitions or prize draws, download information such as white papers or other publications, or participate in any other interactive areas that appear on our website or which we offer to you from time to time
- provide your contact details to us when registering to use or accessing any product or service we provide (including any Apps we may offer); and
- contact us offline for example by telephone, fax, email or post.
We also collect information about your visit to our website or use of our products or services using cookies or similar technologies (as described in paragraph 6 below).
- What we use your information for
We will use your information to provide any information and services that you have requested or any products that you have ordered. We may also contact you for feedback on your use of our products, services or our website.
We may use your information for marketing purposes as described in paragraph 5 below.
We may also use and analyse the information that we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our website and the products and services we offer.
- Sharing your information
We may share your information with:
- our suppliers, business partners and group companies from time to time so they can provide you with any information, products or services that you have requested. We may also share your information with our business partners for marketing purposes as described in paragraph 5 below.
- third parties which supply services to us or which process information on our behalf (for example, payment providers and website hosts where relevant). These third parties may have incidental access to your information, but we will ensure that they keep your information secure and do not use it for their own purposes.
- another organisation if we sell or buy (or negotiate to sell or buy) any business or assets.
- another organisation to whom we transfer our agreement with you.
We may pass collective information about the use of our website or our products or services to third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
We will disclose your information if we are required to by law. We may disclose your information to enforcement authorities if they ask us to, or to a third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings, provided we can do so without breaching data protection laws.
From time to time, we may use your information to contact you with details about our products and services which we feel may be of interest to you. We may also share your information with our group companies, business partners and other carefully selected third parties so that they (or we) can contact you with information about their products or services which we feel may be of interest to you. We or they may wish to contact you for this purpose by telephone, post or email.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. You may also request at any time that we do not share your information with any of the third parties referred to in this paragraph. If you wish to exercise these rights you can do so by selecting your contact preferences on our Website at the point where you provide us with your details or by sending us an email to [email protected].
- Cookies and Traffic Data
Cookies are small text files which are transferred from our website, product or service and stored on your computer's hard drive. We use a combination of cookies to help us provide you with a personalised service, and also to help make our websites, products and services better for you. You can select your cookie preferences when you visit our website. If you decide not to accept all of the cookies, you'll still be able to use the site but some things might not work properly.
We use the following different types of cookies:
- Session Cookie - These are temporary cookies which are deleted when you close your browser or leave your session in the product or service. We use session cookies on our websites and in some of our products or services to identify and track users and to remember what is in your shopping basket (where relevant). Our session cookies may also contain your customer account number, company name and email address. We may also use session cookies and similar technologies in our products or services from time to time where this enables us to offer you certain features of the product or service or where it may help us to improve the product or service.
- Persistent Cookie - Persistent cookies enable our website, product or service to "remember" who you are and to remember your preferences on our website. Persistent cookies will stay on your computer or device after you close your browser or leave your session in the product or service.
- Web analytics cookies and similar technologies - Our website, products and services use several web analytics cookies and services. Web analytics cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and see how they move around the website, product or service. This helps us make our service to you better.
We keep a record of traffic data which is logged automatically by our server, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the website that you visited before ours, the website you visit after leaving our site. We also collect some site, product and service statistics such as access rates, page hits and page views. We are not able to identify any individual from traffic data or site statistics.
Find out more about the cookies that we use on our websites.
Our software, products or services may also include technology that enables us to:
- check specific information directly relevant to your use of the software or products contained in your computer against our records to make sure the software or products are being used in accordance with our software licence agreements and to troubleshoot any problems;
- collect information about how you and your authorised users use the functions of the features of our software or products; and
- gather statistical information about the operating system and environment on which our software or products are installed. In addition to the purposes described in paragraphs 3 and 5 above, we may also use this information to deliver targeted advertising, marketing (including in-product messaging) or information to you which may be useful, based on your use of the software or products or any other information we have about you (depending on the software, you may be able to configure these features to suit your preferences).
How to disable cookies
You may be able to configure your browser to restrict cookies or block all cookies if you wish, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website, products or services. For more information about cookies and instructions on how to adjust your browser settings to accept, delete or reject cookies, see the Internet Advertising Bureau website www.youronlinechoices.co.uk.
- Your information
If we hold any information about you which is incorrect or if there are any changes to your details please let us know by so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date. If you would like to update your records or see a copy of the information that we hold about you, you can contact us at Data Protection Officer, Sage (UK) Ltd, North Park, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE13 9AA or by email to [email protected]. If you request a copy of your information you will need to pay a statutory fee which is currently £10.
- Security and storage of information
We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage. Unfortunately, the internet is not always secure therefore, although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data which is transmitted to our website or other products and services via an internet or similar connection and any transmission will be at your own risk.
If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password to access certain areas of our website, product or service please keep this password safe - we will not share this password with anyone.
- Transfers outside Europe
Personal data in the European Union is protected by data protection laws but other countries do not necessarily protect your personal data in the same way. Our website and some of our products or services or parts of them may be hosted in the United States and this means that we may transfer any information which is submitted by you through the website, product or service outside the European Economic Area (which means all the EU countries plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) ("EEA") to the United States. When you send an email to us, this will also be stored on our email servers which are hosted in the United States. We have taken steps to ensure that our hosting provider uses the necessary level of protection for your information but if you do not want your information to be transferred outside the EEA you should not use our website, product or service or contact us via email.
- Other Sites
If you follow a link from our website, product or service to another site or service, this policy will no longer apply. We are not responsible for the information handling practices of third party sites or services and we encourage you to read the privacy policies appearing on those sites or services.
- Further Information
If you would like further information about data protection, or if you would like to view the register of Data Controllers, you can visit the Information Commissioner's site at www.ico.gov.uk.